Based on Sony Pictures Entertainment’s Columbia Pictures’ upcoming feature film, Spider-Man 3 allows players to experience the actions of heroic red-suited Spider-Man and, for the first time ever, his darker, more mysterious black-suited persona. Set in a larger, dynamic, free-roaming New York City, the game gives players the freedom to choose their own gameplay experience through multiple movie-based and original storylines, fully integrated city missions and performance rewards including improved speed, combat maneuvers and agility. In Spider-Man 3, players draw upon Spider-Man’s completely revamped combat abilities as they protect the city and defeat nemeses using expanded aerial fighting, finishing moves and dynamic webbing during missions and epic boss battles.
- Welcome to the dark side – Fans control the legendary black-suit, which magnifies Spider-Man’s strength, agility and durability. The game features its own Black-Suited Spider-Man gameplay mechanics which allow players to switch between the two suits at will. The black-suit makes Spider-Man more powerful and aggressive, but there is a price to pay by wearing it for too long which affects the game’s City Satisfaction Index and the overall look and feel of the city Spider-Man has sworn to protect.
- Conquest mode – In this PSP exclusive feature, players are challenged with completing missions and fighting crime before morning breaks. If good enough, a player will be rewarded handsomely with Hero Points, which allow them to upgrade and customize their Spider-Man skills.
- Let freedom ring – For the first time ever, players can experience a fully realized, free-roaming New York City on the PSP. Players decide how to proceed through the game and set their own goals. Should Spider-Man follow a plot twist, switch to an alternate storyline, fight off crime waves that threaten the city or explore vast towering skyscrapers and subterranean sewers and subways?
- Spider-Man is growing up – Gamers can customize Spider-Man the way they want. Fighting crime and earning Hero Points will allow gamers to upgrade and customize Spider-Man’s web moves, swing skills, and amazing melee combos.
- Don’t let the city go to the dogs – Four vicious gangs have laid claim to the boroughs of New York and must be taken down. As Spider-Man brings these criminals to justice, the City Satisfaction Index will increase in that section of town and city life will return to normal. If he doesn’t, the streets will turn to chaos. These super thugs won’t go down without a fight though. Their advanced AI will surround Spider-Man, grapple him, call in reinforcements, and do everything they can to retake their territory.
- Super Villains galore – Fans experience multi-stage, dynamic boss battles against movie villains, such as Venom, Sandman and New Goblin, as well as a host of legendary comic book foes who all take advantage of their environments, their minions, and the large-scale destruction that their superpowers cause in trying to defeat Spider-Man.
- Features two bonus villains in the PSP version: Morbius and Shriek.