Chicago is a port and transportation center located at the southwestern shore of Lake Michigan. The city is blessed with skyscrapers and other sceneries. Renowned for the world’s tallest buildings, it is certainly a good place to hang out. By just traveling around, you may get involved in some sports activities of your choice.
1. North Avenue Beach. If you think this beach was made to give you your swimming pleasures, this place is more than that. It has an outdoor gym where you could stretch and keep those muscles fit. Biking and in-line skates are also allowed in the area. Volleyball may also be played. With this variety of options, you could find a health activity you will dwell on.
2. Bike Chicago. This bike rental stall has several locations found in Chicago. If you want to tour the place, they have the so-called touring bikes. If you want to climb uphill and you think walking would be too tiresome, mountain bikes are offered as well. They also have various gears that will make your ride around town comfortable and easy.
3. The Green at Grant Park. By the name itself, you could conclude that this is a golf club. Yes, The Green at Grant Park is a typical 18-hole golf course which could help you enhance your putting capabilities. This may not sound ideal for competitions but it is far better than miniature golf.
4. McCormick-Tribune Ice Rink. Conveniently located at the Millennium Park, this rink will give you a different kind of skating experience. The view of the lake as well as the grandest skyscrapers in the city will make your playing time a more ideal one. It is just like hitting two birds with a stone by being healthy as well as enjoying the sceneries.
5. Lincoln Park to Oak Street Beach. This is considered as the best route to take for in-line skating. You may also take your bikes along with you and join a group of avid bikers. Be extra careful though especially that there are tendencies that skaters and cyclists may clash.
6. Belmont Harbor. This is known to be an ideal place for sailing the city of Chicago. The view is definitely enticing while the sport will help you enhance your skills. It may sound better if you know how to sail your own boat but if you want to feel relaxed, you may ask someone to do it for you.
7. Ohio Street Beach. Though there are 30 indoor pools found along the Chicago Park District, a better alternative for swimming could be found from the stretch on Ohio Street Beach going northwest to the Navy Pier.
8. Windward Sports. Windsurfing in Chicago is also a pleasant health option. While enjoying the breeze, you could surf with the waves of the famous Lake Michigan.
9. Chicago River Canoe and Kayak. Kayaking in Chicago is always a good alternative to start a healthy living. You may have a team with you and you will certainly enjoy several forms of kayaking from cardio kayak to paddling under the moon.
10. Adler Planetarium. This is an educational location which could help you exercise your mind and your eyes as well. Exploring scientific inventions could be a healthy option for everyone. Walking is a good form of exercise as well.
John C. Arkin